Westcoat is pleased to announce the purchase of the Mer-Ko brand from parent company Parex. The purchase agreement, signed April 14, 2015, certifies Westcoat receiving full and exclusive rights to the Mer-Ko name and its two premier waterproof decking systems.
Mer-Ko, one of the original manufacturers of waterproofing systems has been producing widely used elastomeric deck coatings, waterproof membrane systems and underlayments since the mid-80s. Mer-Ko’s two primary systems, Weather Deck and Shur Deck will be re-introduced to the industry with wide-ranging manufacturing and technical support by Westcoat.
We have brought the Mer-ko brand in house and are working to improve all aspects of the Mer-Ko brand name. We have our lab working to improve the system, we have our staff and reps being trained on the features of Shur Deck and Weather Deck. On the horizon for the Mer-Ko brand:
- Reduce additional SKU’s or products required.
- Simplify the installation process with fewer installation steps.
- Expediting the process by using components that are faster drying.
- Create products with the highest QC standards.
- Engineer more robust systems for longer service lives.
- Create cost effective systems that are competitive for new construction.
- Testing and receiving ICC status for Shur Deck & Weather Deck systems.
Westcoat has been a leading innovator and manufacturer of specialty coating products for over 30 years. Offering a comprehensive, four-category line of step-by-step coating products, Westcoat Specialty Coating Systems includes Waterproof (WP), Epoxy Coat (EC), Surface Coat (SC) and Texture Coat (TC) systems that provide revolutionary concrete surface solutions for professionals in the design and construction industry.
Mer-Ko is available through U. S. distributors in the waterproofing, specialty coating business.